Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pier Fishing tips for Beginners Rigging Live Shrimp!



I already did! Didn't I? Did she touch it? I touched it! You gotta touch it again, you both have to
touch it again if you want another picture. I'll touch the skin not the eye. Okay, touch the skin. Show them how to do it! Ready? Touch it, just touch it it's fine.

Ahh! Today we are at Newport Pier in Miami Florida
on a mission to catch some fish for dinner. We will be using live shrimp for bait. We hear that the fish in Florida love eating
live shrimp. So here's the rig.

Egg sinker, swivel, leader line, hook. People seem to really like to use live shrimp
here, and, um, this is the common rig that I've seen, which is just a hook, 2 feet 30
lb. Leader, a swivel, straight to your line. Um, so that's if you just wanna let the shrimp
out free- lining.

Uh, if you wanna put a sinker on it you put
an in-line egg sinker through here and tie that on to your leader. Here, Brendon. So when you are hooking on a shrimp to your
line you need to make sure of two things: make sure the hook isn't too big, you want
the shrimp to be able to swim freely. Do not kill the shrimp! Hook it on top of it's head, not the middle.

Look at this! What is this? Look how flat it is. What is this thing? Woah! Woah!! Turn it front ways again! It's like an optical illusion! What kind of fish is that, do you know? I think it's called a look down. A look down. I'm not 100% sure.

It is one of the strangest fishes I've ever
seen, and this took a live shrimp. Wow, look at that! We didn't want to eat a look down, but my
dad is on something new. Woah! Wow! Now that's a good eatin' fish. This is called a black drum.

They also love shrimp. Basically everything in florida will eat a
shrimp. You know when they say the worst thing that
can happen to you can and will happen to you? Well, it happened. What just happened? It pulled my- something pulled my rod over
the- ha!- My rod is gone.

That's what happened. Yeah, one of his rods, we were just standing
here waiting for a fish to bite his rod and the one that he had out with a live bait just
got pulled over and he lost it. Yeah, something pulled it over! A fish just pulled it over. I had it right here.

No good! You gotta lift this up. That was definitely a fish, right? Sh*t. Must have been a big one because the whole
thing just went *whew*! Rookie mistake... What is that dad? Brendon's dad just hooked up on something.

How do you get him up? Woah! That is a big boy! What is that? Mangrove. What's it called? Mango? Mangrove Snapper. Oh, are they good meat? Oh yeah, they're good eating. Keep it? Yeah, I'm gonna keep it.

That one I'm going to have the restaurant
cook for me. Oh my gosh. Are you guys gonna eat it? Yup. Woah.

What's going on? He's got a big fish. Oh, there's a school out there. Woah! That's a big one! Way out there? Way out there? Live shrimp is working very well, we are getting
lots of bites and it seems like we're catching bigger fish. That's pretty cool lookin'! It's hard to hold.

Woahh. Now this kid is awesome, we noticed that he
was patiently fishing for hours without a single bite. So we decided we should share some fun with
him, and the shock on his face is priceless. It is always nice to see when the younger
generation is showing an interest in fishing.

Woah! Hold the line, hold the line! Go take a picture with your grandma. Look at his human teeth! It's like the sheep head. Sheeps head. Take a picture? Alright, I have no idea what kind of fish
this is, hopefully one of you guys will be able to name it for me.

It's got really weird lookin' teeth, a spot
on it's back, and this is what it looks like. So comment below! Help me out! Live shrimp did the trick today! Live shrimp? Yeah, caught five different species of fish
with the same bait. Definitely the best day, look at this. Oh my.

We're gonna show how we cook it and everything,
too. Hopefully! We're gonna get it cooked and we're gonna
show everyone how we're gonna eat our catch. These are not going to waste! We are now at a Chinese restaurant, called
King's Palace. This place was the bomb.

Located in a small Chinatown in Miami, we
finally found some comfort food. My family can't go a week without Chinese
food, I'm serious. Here, they are asking them to cook our fish. They are asking the chef to prepare two of
them steamed and one of them fried.

Snapper. That's the mangrove snapper, that's the black
drum, and that's the mystery fish with a spot. Black drum, mystery spot fish, we can start
eating. I think the name is really fancy, "mangrove,"
"mangrove." This place is great.

Home cooked place. This is the black drum. It is first steamed, then covered in spring
onions, ginger, cilantro, soy sauce and then it's doused in hot oil. It's a traditional Chinese way of eating fish
and it's my personal favorite.

Wondering, would you guys try it? How does this look to you? Are you ready? I only eat this fresh, ok? I'm not weirdo, but nothing beats a fresh
fish head. Yes, I grew up on fish heads. It's been a long time since I eat one and
I'm gonna totally enjoy this- Eat the lips! Stop talking, eat the lips- Lips? There's no lips, man! What are you talkin' about? Look at that big, fat lip right there! I can't eat this- Yes, you can! It's delicious! Fish lips! Oh! Mmm-mmm. Oh yeah.

What does it taste like? Pudding. So it's more of- the texture is like a pudding-ish,
tender-ish stuff. It doesn't taste anything. So it's more of a texture than a taste.

Yeah, it's a delicacy I guess. It's weird, but... The fish head, it's more of a texture. Yeah.

It's nice and silky and, uh, soft, gelatinous-
mmm, gelatinous, that's the right word. Mission complete. If you like this cooking segment please let
us know below. Do yourself a favor.

Like and subscribe to our channel. We bring you fishing from around the world
two time a week on our channel, so do yourself a favor and subscribe. Thank you for watching guys!.

Pier Fishing tips for Beginners Rigging Live Shrimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Blog