Saturday, October 26, 2013

How To Fish A Shaky Head WormBass Fishing



Travis: Big one. There we go. Oh, it just spit up a whole blue gill. This is a nice, fat chunk.

What is up, guys? Travis here with Lucky Tackle Box. And today, we're throwing... This fish just choked this thing. We're throwing Big Bite's Squirrel Tail, a
six-inch Squirrel Tail on a shaky head.

This bait was especially designed to be thrown
on shaky heads by Jeff Kriet. So before I break this down into rigging,
retrieval, and location, I'm actually going to read a quote from Jeff about this bait. Okay, so Jeff said, "I wanted a worm that
had a tail that stands up. The tail is made to float, just the end of
that worm.

When I shake it and pull it, whenever I hit
a rock, a twig, or trash, that's when Ill through a slack in the line and shake it without
moving it. The floating tail has a subtle, tantalizing
quiver that fish can't resist. They will bite this bait when they won't bite
anything else. I think this would be the best shaky head
ever made." Now, we're gonna break this baby on to rigging,
retrieval, location.

So this is a finesse setup. So 9 out of 10 times, I'm using a spinning
outfit. I start off with a 8 to 10 pound mono or fluorocarbon. Or in today's case, I'm actually using a braid
backing.

So I've got 30-pound braid, and then I've
got a uni to uni knot linked up to 12-pound Tatsu fluorocarbon. So in the description box below, I'm actually
gonna put a link to my favorite uni to uni knot, so you guys can see how to do that. Not necessary, but I like using the braid
back, because I have a lot of sensitivity. And I could actually get away with heavier
line now on my spinning rod, because I'm fishing real stained water.

I'm around dock pilings and stuff, so I like
being able to upsize my line. Then I spool that up on a spinning reel and
then a seven-foot, medium-heavy, fast-action spinning rod. This gives me the nice power, because you
gotta be able to have the power to really set that single hook into that fish and control
them out of kind of some of this covering structure. But you need that tip to really feel rocks
down there, feel subtle bites, and just, you know, have that increased sensitivity that
you need to really finesse fish.

So a little bit more about the specifics on
the Squirrel Tail itself. It was designed for that tail to float. It's a very, very buoyant tail. And a lot of times, when plastics claim that
they float and everything, they're more neutrally buoyant.

So as they sink, that tail's gonna stay up. But no matter how you fish this bait, this
tail has enough to always keep it floating up. And so if you hopping it along the bottom
or just letting it sit there, that tail's always gonna be in there and having a slight
little shake on it. And that's where that real finesse technique
comes in, because you're gonna be able to really...You know, you're gonna fish kinda
quick.

But you can also really slow it down where
you know those hot spots are and you really wanna work those fish over well. All right, so we're talking about retrieval. There's a lot of different ways to retrieve
this. So I can start off shallow.

I can work it out deep and, you know, in tules,
docks, wherever. But we'll talk about that in location. But I can hop this thing. I can drag it.

And I just remembered, that little tail's
always kicking up. So anytime that I feel like I just hit some
rocks or maybe some...I came over some brush, I'm gonna stop reeling it, and I'm just gonna
shake it. And if I can just shake it just enough so
that tail's just kind of just doing a little dance down there, if there's a fish there,
I'm pretty confident that they're gonna eventually hit that bait. So you can see, I've got a little slack in
my line.

I'm shaking that bait. If I don't get bit where I'm at, I'll just
slowly move that bait. I'm pulling it just enough that this bait
is staying on the bottom, because with that little shaky head, I wanna feel out the bottom,
because I wanna know when I hit another hard spot. If I hit some brush, if I hit some rocks,
that's when I'm gonna let it stop again and shake it a little more.

In this instance, I'm only feeling mud down
there. But I know that I'm right next to that. Here we go. My line just started swimming off.

Well, look at that. Oh, wow, this fish is tugging. Oh, this fish is tugging. So guys, the reason I stopped and shook it
right there, is because it was right next to a piling.

So I never felt cover, but I know that these
fish like to hang around these pilings and stuff as well. And that could be a nice area. This should be...Well, that's a good fish. That's a real good fish.

Come here, buddy. Come here, buddy. You are a good YouTube video fish. That was cool.

All right, guys, nice, nice little fish. And I got to walk you right through that. All right, guys, for location now, this bait
could be used anywhere. That's why it makes such a versatile bait.

And so what I'm gonna do is I have a stretch
right now where I've got docks, I've got shade, rock piles, tules, and launch ramps. So I'm gonna go through here quickly, and
I'm gonna try to catch fish along all these different terrains and kinda do a quick montage. Im kind of just showing you how I fish
these different areas and how they can all be productive and fish thoroughly with a little
shaky head, with this six-inch little Squirrel Tail worm. Oh, yeah, my line, look at my line running
off to deep water.

We'll reel down in it, set it, all right. Whoa, he decidedhe did not wanna come in
right now. These fish! It's so funny, you gonna have to...You know,
sometimes you have to finesse these fish out, so you need that like slow approach. But then when you hook them, they go ballistic
on you.

Side note to fishing docks, always focus on
the shade. Those fish are 99% of the time gonna be affiliated
with the shade somehow. There we go. There we go.

There we go, right under the dock. Oh, shade of the dock. Okay, the next spot we're focusing on is launch
ramps. We got this little manmade launch ramps coming
in, right? And that's gonna give little ledges on either
side.

So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna see which
side I like better. And I got shade on this far side. So I'm gonna launch it up there real shallow. And a lot of times, those fish will hang off
right off the little ledges.

And they'll move up and down on it like it's
almost like a little point. And this can be great little hot spots. Because this is weedless, a lot of times,
there's garbage and stuff up on these corners and everything. And I can fish this real effectively.

Here we go. Here we go. Here we go. And I worked this bait, because when fishing
this rock banks, the biggest thing is you don't know where the spot is that these fish
should be staying.

When you're fishing under a dock, you kinda
know the shade. You can kinda have a better target. But when fishing rocks and stuff, if you're
moving slow, you just might not be around fish. And so you wanna kinda move them quickly.

And this bait, you could definitely do that. Ooh, Im bit. There we go. And that fish was shallow.

That fish was real shallow, guys. So that may be the ticket. Maybe I gotta keep casting shallow, and that's
gonna be where my high percentage areas are gonna be. Ha ha! Oh, and he came off right at the end.

And remember, you guys are trying to assess
where you're at. You wanna know exactly the depth you get that
bite, so then you can mimic that and make sure you run a pattern. Bass, if when you're fishing, it's all about
patterning what these bass are doing. Next, were fishing tules.

We wanna see if there's any little nuances
in the tules here, okay? So we've got this tiny little...These tules
stick out just a little bit. So I wanna cast that thing right in front
of them. And I'm gonna work that bait real slow in
front of those tules. If I don't get bit, then I'm gonna go to my
next target.

And I'm always looking for my next target. And my next target is gonna be a little pocket,
because these tules come out and in, out and in. And these fish, a lot of times, are gonna
orient themselves either on the little subtle points or in the little pockets. And if you're not getting them on the outside,
you may have to throw a little bit more into the tules.

So on these next tules that are sticking out,
they're actually kind of sparse. That means they're not real tight together. And I might be able to flip a nice little
cast right in between them and work this bait slowly through the tules, because sometimes
these fish are gonna be tucked up really tight into them. So right now my line is right through the
tules.

So I'm gonna slowly bring this bait in through
there. And because it's weedless, we should be able
to work this bait right in there. So I feel these tules, and you can see those
tules shaking as I'm bringing it through there. And that looks like some little bait fish
or crawdad or whatever working its way in there.

And that's going to get the bass's interest. And now we got bit. Here we go. And that's exactly what happened.

There we go. Oh my Lord. He's behind...Sure, he's behind... Shoot.

Oh, did he break off? No, he's still on there. He's still on there. I didn't want to set the hook because I knew
he was behind the pilings. There we go.

Hopefully, we got a good enough hook set. That was cool. He was behind the piling right there. Nice, all right.

Guys, hopefully, we proved to you that shaky
head can be not only a tool to catch quite a lot of fish, but you can also use it in
a lot of different locations. And is the six-inch Squirrel Tail by Big Bite
Baits the ultimate shaky head worm? I don't doubt it, man. This thing with the floating tail, it just
really does everything you need a shaky head bait to do. I'm Travis with Lucky Tackle Box.

If you enjoyed this video, throw us a thumbs
up, make sure you subscribe to the channel. And to watch more videos, there should be
some links on the page. Travis: I spent lures, and it's a nice one
too. Oh my goodness.

Oh, whoa, oh my. Tell me you got that? Man: Got it. Travis: Oh my goodness. Travis: What's up? What's up, bro? What's up? What's up, man? You don't work out, dude? You don't work out? No, man.

Yeah, yeah, that's what I thought. That's what I thought, bro. Come on. He didnt want none people.

He dont wanna. This is my fishing spot..

How To Fish A Shaky Head WormBass Fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Blog