Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Beach fishing Simple Fishing Rig catches BIG fish!



I gotta let this thing go Huh? I gotta let this thing go but I can't get the hook! So we need to wash it up really quickly, basically, right? Yeah.-- Get the hook off-- Either that or I'm thinking maybe I'll just cut the line... I don't want it to- I don't want it to die. Or get stranded up here, right. Oh my goodness! Woah! [Introduction glitchy computer sound] Hey guys, so today we're going to be talking about some simple fishing rigs to use when fishing at the beach.

Some of you guys may be only fishing at the beach maybe one to two times a year, or you don't frequent the beach that often, and, uh, you don't want to spend that much time investing into uh, figuring out the rigs, or figuring out how to tie it, so I have this rig right here, it's actually- it's a pompano rig but I find that it works for many other species and um, it's basically an up-down rig with two hooks, a bead and a float on each of them and, um, I find this really simple, not because it's the best rig out there, it's a rig that's already you know, rigged up, all I gotta do is tie it on, cast it out, um, it doesn't- I don't have to spend time tying myself a rig this is an easy, simple rig that does catch fish I get these rigs from nativesaltclam.Com um, I know the guy who makes them, I know the guy who sells them, and uh, they make a lot of different variety of these, um, these kind of rigs. See, instead of- instead of floaties, this just has beads. And that may draw some fish in, just because of the color and how it looks. These rigs are effective because they're so simple, there's not too much frills about it, There are so many rigs out there that are unnecessarily complicated, too many swivels, too many hooks everywhere, it just gets messy.

They have circle hooks at the end so you don't even have to set the hook, you actually let the fish set the hook themselves. They'll pull it and set the hooks themselves. Makes it even easier. So just attach whatever bait you want on it, Squid, bloodworms, salt clams, fish bites, whatever you want, cast it out, and if there's fish in this vicinity, they'll probably eat it.

Now this rig is not the "best rig," it all depends on situation, I think this is a pretty versatile rig, that I would use if I just wanted to catch some fish, just relax, sit back, hang out, nothin' too crazy, um, this is just my recommendation, take it or leave it, I'm not saying this is the "best" way, this is what I'm saying works best for me. Today's our first day at Rehoboth Beach, um, and we're going to try some fishing, I packed very minimally today, I just brought these few rigs, Salt Clams, and um, fish bites. You know, these are, uh, baits that I  just keep in my backpack that I just have. Uh, they're not better than live bait, they're not better than like, stinky frozen bait, but they do work, and they're pretty convenient because I don't have to refrigerate this, I don't have to freeze this, and it's not super stinky and messy.

Uh, I can keep it in my backpack, that's why I like it. You don't want it too big because then it won't-- it might not fit in the fish's mouth. So let's have it just the right size just like this. Ready? So now, I'm not just going to hook it once, I'm going to hook it twice, and a third time.

'Kay? So it sits on here like this, now when a fish will bite this it'll take the whole thing in and it'll start swimming away with it this hook is designed so that when the fish starts swimming away with it it'll hook itself. So I'll put salt clams on the top one, and then I'll put some fish bites on the bottom one. Now these two baits, they're also very tough. You know, this is pretty tough meat right here, and this is even tougher! Honestly, these look a little more appealing to me so I'm gonna I'm gonna put some more on here.

So I'll do (Wow) two different baits on here. (Oh my goodness.) There we go. (Let me see it again.) At the bottom of this rig I'm going to put a two ounce sinker. Just because the-- I wanna be able to sling it out pretty far I think-- depending on where you're fishing, that's how you decide how heavy your weight is.

Here I wouldn't--I wouldn't put a four ounce weight, that would be wayyy to heavy. I think two might be even pushing it. But that's all I got today. If the waves are going crazy, um, and the current is very strong, you're going to want a heavy weight so it'll stay in that same spot.

Now, these rigs-- with these floaties it'll keep the bait off the bottom it'll keep it suspended. I'm just gonna cast this out and see what bites. So you cast it, you reel in the slack so you can feel your sinker, you don't want to have a bunch of slack out there, um, and you wait for something to hit your line. I would advise standing right next to your pole and watching the tip, because a lot of times it will bite when you're not looking.

And you'll miss the fish. I'm speaking from experience, definitely, I've lost rods before because I wasn't watching my rod. And it-- it stinks. It stinks, especially when you spend like $200 on your setup.

(That's true, I was there.) And it's gone. Yeah. Hooked something. (It looks like a skate.) Pulling drag.

There. Still pulling me. Oh, it's going for a big run. Right there, right in the surf.

(There it is.) (Is it a cow nosed ray? Or a skate?) Let's do this pretty quick, okay? (Yeah.) So get the footage and we gotta go. (Oh my gosh, it's huge!) (Ha ha!) Oh my goodness! Woah! (How big is it?) (Oh my goodness!) Oh my god! (Oh my goodness!) It's a sea monster! (Ha ha ha ha! Oh my gosh!) (What do you need, Brendon?) (Do you need a rag? Do you need a towel? Do you need pliers?) No I got it. (Okay.) They can't hurt me, they're okay. (Okay, ha ha) (This...

Is enormous.) (I think it's a cow nosed ray? Is my guess...) Oh my god. (It's a huge one!) There it is. Oh my goodness! (A ha ha!) (That's the biggest thing I've ever seen...) ((It's s sting ray!)) ((Excited chatter)) ((Oh my gosh! Woah!)) ((More excited chatter)) (It's a sting ray...) (Or a skate, or a cow nosed ray...) I gotta let this thing go. (Huh?) I gotta let this thing go but I can't get the hook! (So we need to wash it up really quickly, basically, right?) Yeah.

(Get the hook out--) Or even I'm thinking maybe I'll just cut the line. I don't want it to-- I don't want it to die. (Or get stranded up here, right.) (There it is.) (Oh, wow! Oh my gosh!) (Laughing, excited chatter, sparse applause.) Ohh, that was crazy! I'm shaking. Huh! (How big do you think that was?) I don't know but it-- look, it bent the hook out.

(Wow.) It bent the hook out, so it's okay, it's safe out there. ((Woah!)) (Woohoo!) Ohh! (Ha ha ha ha!) --Thing was e--! (It was like... Like the biggest thing you've ever caught.) This fish took me way down the beach. It took me way down the beach and honestly I couldn't even really-- I wasn't really thinking too hard I was just-- my adrenaline was going crazy and I knew I just needed to get it in the surf unhook it and let it go safely.

Um. And there was a whole crowd of people watching me! It was... Ha ha ha! It was a little distracting. I'm really glad that I had a good rod and reel setup for that, because I was going out to fish for smaller fish and ended up hooking the biggest-- ray of my life, I'm not sure what that was called.

The biggest thing of my life! Um, and I had my St. Croix Mojo  Surf, with my Shimano Saragosa, these two are very reliable pieces of equipment and, I've stressed this before in many of my other videos, these are great. Invest a little bit of extra money, and uh, you get quality, quality gear. If you guys want to purchase this, check out our amazon links below, uh, if you do decide that you wanted to get it, and you use our link it helps support us, it really does, it helps support us by giving us a little bit of commission, so that we can continue our channel.

If you guys are interested in Salt Clams or the rigs that I used, check out the link below, nativesaltclam.Com that's where I order my stuff, um, and they ship to me pretty fast, so... Check 'em out..

Beach fishing Simple Fishing Rig catches BIG fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Blog